So you may have noticed that The Big Mad Experience, holds a twitter chat every Tuesday at 8pm BST (3pm EDT). For those of you who have never taken part in a twitter chat before, here is a step by step guide, so that you don’t have to miss out on any of the interesting discussions.
All you need to take part in a twitter chat is a twitter account and access to the twitter platform either through a desktop computer, tablet, laptop or mobile phone.
- Our chat is called The #BigMadChat. Every week will discuss a different topic.
- In the lead up to The #BigMadChat we will let as many people on the twittersphere as we can know about it by tweeting it and asking our followers to RT (retweet) in order to spread the word as widely as possible.
- The moderator of The #BigMadChat is us (The Big Mad Experience) @BigMadTweeter. The tweets on this account are currently @flo_bellamy and @1stJohnJackson.
- When the chat starts at 8pm BST, we will welcome all participants, ask questions and generally keep the conversation on track.
- Feel free to retweet the questions that the @BigMadTweeter asks with your followers, inviting them to join in. The more the merrier!
- You can retweet any tweets from other twitter users to support their statements and to spread their message.
- The most important thing to remember when answering a question posed by us (@BigMadTweeter) or tweeting with another participant in the chat, ALWAYS REMEMBER TO INCLUDE THE HASHTAG #BigMadChat. This is so everyone following and taking part in the chat can see your tweets. Otherwise, your tweets will be lost in the vast expanse of the twittersphere.
- It’s ok to greet your friends who are taking part in The #BigMadChat, but please only hashtag tweets that are in keeping with that week’s topic.
- You may want to let people know you’ll be participating in The #BigMadChat in advance. This, not only spreads the word of the chat but it will also let your followers know that you are likely to be tweeting frequently between 8pm-9pm GMT.
- If you can’t be there for the start, it is ok to join in the discussion halfway through if you want.
After the #BigMadChat we will create a Storify of the discussion. This is a way to record the tweets in a nice chronological format for your reference or for those who missed out and want to catch up.
You can either take part in The #BigMadChat using Twitter itself or you can use platforms that allow you to follow the chat only. These include (but are not limited to):
And there you have it! If you want to add anything, or anything seems unclear, please let us know in the comments section and we will try our best to explain or amend the guide.
We hope you can enjoy The #BigMadChat for many weeks to come! Follow us @BigMadTweeter or you can like our Facebook Page: The Big Mad Experience or you can follow this blog. We also have a website if you want to find out more about who we are: http://www.thebigmadexperience.com