These powerful stories shatter preconceived notions about mental illness, and pose the provocative question: What can the world learn from different kinds of minds?
TED has curated a playlist of 9 talks, all on the topic of mental health, each from a different perspective. They are…
- Elyn Saks: A tale of mental illness — from the inside
- Temple Grandin: The world needs all kinds of minds
- Eleanor Longden: The voices in my head
- Ruby Wax: What’s so funny about mental illness?
- Sherwin Nuland: How electroshock therapy changed me
- Joshua Walters: On being just crazy enough
- Jon Ronson: Strange answers to the psychopath test
- Oliver Sacks: What hallucination reveals about our minds
- Robert Gupta: Music is medicine, music is sanity
To view one or all of these talks, follow this link