The 3 pounds of jelly in our skulls allow us to reflect on our own consciousness — and to make counterintuitive, irrational decisions. These talks explore why.
TED has curated a playlist of 11 talks exploring “irrational” decisions. They are:
- Michael Shermer: Why people believe weird things
- Dan Ariely: Beware conflicts of interest
- Barry Schwartz: The paradox of choice
- Dan Dennett: The illusion of consciousness
- Dan Ariely: Are we in control of our own decisions?
- Tali Sharot: The optimism bias
- Daniel Kahneman: The riddle of experience vs. memory
- Peter Donnelly: How juries are fooled by statistics
- Daniel Goldstein: The battle between your present and future self
- Sheena Iyengar: The art of choosing
- James Randi: Homeopathy, quackery and fraud
To watch any or all of these talks, follow this link